Saturday, May 19, 2012

Guilty Pleasures.

Today (saturday) we went to city nearest us, about 100 miles away, and while out we ate at Logans...oh how I enjoyed steak and lobster tail with sweet potato fries and mushrooms. Hey at least the lobster and mushrooms have Selenium, lobster also has zinc, steak has Iron, and sweet potato has vitamin A, all good for thyroid function. I almost went for the coleslaw but remember...cruciferous veges negatively affect the thyroid when it is in the Hyper state! It just goes to show that even when trying to control what you eat for wellness, you can still eat to support your thyroid health while out and about.

Tomorrow, I will plan some Thyroid happy meals for the week that my husband and boys will like too. My youngest has just started on solid foods so he will likely stick with his cereal and a fruit or a new vegetable. My older baby eats anything so I should be able to plan some family friendly meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment